Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Yeeeepy!!! Great day at the track

  1. #1
    Inactive Member gsrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    622
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Hello all!!! I finally and I do mean finally, got used to this drag racing thing. I got my all time best times today. My setup:

    205/40/16 bfg comp t/a (street tires)--23 psi front & 40 rear
    agx front 1 rear 4
    timing 12 degrees w/ 50/50 mix 93 & 104 octane on 1/4 tank gas
    car w/o driver weight - 2530
    modified cai w/ k&n & stock exhaust w/o axle back
    no p/s or a/c belts

    r/t - .826
    60' - 2.215
    330 - 5.974
    1/8 - 9.045
    mph - 81.07
    1000- 11.672
    1/4 - 13.892
    mph - 101.90

    and then I got this one right after a little cooling:

    r/t - .905
    60' - 2.219
    330 - 5.958
    1/8 - 9.018
    mph - 81.31
    1000- 11.643
    1/4 - 13.863
    mph - 101.82

    I was so exstatic after the lady that hands out the time slips asked "Do you have a helmet??" My face lightned up and my smile was from ear lob to ear lob!! And fortunetly the helmet that Tom "gsrdpm" lent me for next weeks road coarse was sitting on my back seat as I replyed, "Of coarse I do!!"

    Needless to say I had a mustang harassing me making excuses all day long as to why he was loosing and finally accepted his defeat and offered me a beer (which I declined!) at the end of the night. He was running 14.2 on slicks. I had an absolute blast!! He swore he will not loose next time smile Bet he comes back w/ NOS smile

    ------------------
    1998 Super Sonic Blue Gs-r
    Minor bolt ons include:
    Jrsc 6psi w/ fuel pump upgrade, Autometer boost & air/fuel guage, ACT- HD with steet disc, Modified CAI w/ K&N filter, DC Sport 4-2-1 header, MSD Ignition, Ground Controls w/ agx's, Neuspeed front strut bar, ITR rear sway bar, Crossed-drilled brembo w/ EBC Green stuff

    [This message has been edited by gsrev (edited July 10, 2000).]

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    'At a boy...

    Great times. Throw on some slicks and you will be in the 60's... maybe even better.

    Don't you just love beating up Mustangs ?!?


    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

  3. #3
    Inactive Member GSRDPM's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Great job!

    Glad I could help wink.

    BTW, did you stay for the autocross last weekend - How did it go?

    ------------------
    Tom

    1996 Cypress Green Pearl Acura Integra GSR 4 DR
    JRSC with JR fuel pump upgrade
    J&S Safeguard
    Tokico Illumina Shocks & Eibach Pro-kit Springs
    Stillen/Brembo Cross-Drilled Rotors with Goodridge SS Lines & EBC Green Stuff Pads
    Dunlop D60/A2 JLBs (205 50 15) on stock 15 x 6 wheels (street)
    Kumho V700 Victoracers (205 50 15) on 15x7 rims (autocross)
    Century infant and booster child seats in back!!!

    1995 Mercury Villager GS Minivan
    General Electric Turbofan 48,000 lbs/thrust (needs some tuning...)
    Retractable wheels
    Twin phaser banks
    Electronic countermeasures
    Triphasic shielding
    12 cupholders

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Teg GSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 26th, 1999
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Soooooo close to 8's in the 1/8th!! biggrin

    ------------------
    1995 Acura Integra GS-R
    It never forgets its number one job: to provide the most satisfying driving experience outside of a racetrack.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do you mean you removed your muffler?

    Greg

  6. #6
    Inactive Member gsrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    622
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Holden... yes that is correct! Dont know how much it helped other than removing an extra 15 pounds or so, but i still have stock exhaust. One day I plan on going to a muffler shop and have them do a cat back system w/ 2 1/4 in. piping. I am too cheap to buy a name brand cat back exhaust.

    Tom...
    My best time was a 56.7, just one measly second behind you.. arrggh.. one of these days!! smile

    ------------------
    1998 Super Sonic Blue Gs-r
    Minor bolt ons include:
    Jrsc 6psi.. blah.. blah .. blah..
    best 1320: 13.86 @101.82 on street tires

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •